Use the Right Muscle at the Right Time in the Right Amount
- 1:1 treatments
- Resolve long-standing compensations in postural and movement patterns
- Identify weak links and break compensation patterns
- Empowering people to learn to have control over their pain
- Reactive muscles that have been deactivated due to pain, injury or poor postures
- Restore Pain Free Movement Patterns
- Establish normal muscle coordination and control
- Pain free treatment approach to muscle reactivation
- Reactive weak muscles, restore function, build strength, prevent relapse
Science shows that pain and/or inactivity can disturb signals sent to the muscles from the brain. This disturbance can lead to impaired muscle interaction causing some muscles to be overloaded and painful.
Neuromuscular Reactivation (Neurac) is a therapeutic exercise using Redcord slings to effectively deal with acute and chronic pain. The aim of the Neurac Method is to restore pain free movement patterns and improve function. Neurac Treatment helps us identify the root cause of pain, as opposed to only dealing with pain symptoms.
Neurac Testing systematically examines the body to identify weaknesses in the muscle chains. If a weakness is identified it is called a Weak Link. Neurac Treatment focuses on correcting the Weak Links thereby reducing strain on the overloaded muscles. Often immediate pain relief and/or improved function can be achieved.
Our aim in using Neurac Testing is to provide pain free treatment, without negative side effects.
The treatment requires motivation and concentration from you as a patient. The exercises can be challenging but should always be performed with good movement quality. To obtain long term treatment effects individual exercises for maintenance are recommended. Neurac treatment is indicated for musculoskeletal ailments such as:
Low back pain and pelvic girdle pain
Neck pain and neck pain with headache
Shoulder / arm dysfunction (eg impingement and Tennis Elbow)
Leg dysfunction (eg patellofemoral pain syndrome)